Gifts of Retirement Funds
Gifts of retirement funds
You can make a lasting impact on the lives of impoverished children by naming ChildCare International as beneficiary of your:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
- Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs)
- Registered Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs).
Your estate will receive a donation receipt to offset taxes due from the distribution of the accounts.
A donation of retirement funds allows you to:
- continue using the assets for as long as you need them
- provide your estate with a receipt for the value of the accounts
- avoid paying probate fees on the values of the assets
- avoid withholding tax on the accounts.
Please consult with your financial planner about how making a gift of retirement funds to ChildCare International might fit into your larger estate plan.
Here are some other ways you can make a legacy gift: